Jan. 30th, 2017

cathugger: An orange-and-white cat facing to the left. The front of this face is fading into shadows. (Default)
Just got back from seeing my primary doctor (who seems really nice and understanding of everything) so she can confirm the surgery at C1-C2. Of course, she has to check some things off first, so I’ll be getting some tests done and will see a cardiologist to get an “OK” from them. The surgery is currently planned for mid or late April.

But my physical therapist, who’s seen a lot of people with negative surgery experiences, thinks I should hold off. He doesn’t think it’s worth it unless you’re having “drop attacks,” which are described as passing out (kind of) at the turn of the head. My mom has been gathering information, so I can thank her for that (though she hasn’t been listening to me about any of it), and we scheduled another appointment for asking questions. (I have a lot of them.)

Anyway, I got the report from the neurosurgeon at some point, and from what I remember, it described C1 and C2 as being completely separated, so… I guess it’s bad…? Sheesh, I can’t say that things might be bad without feeling like I’m overreacting.

About

cathugger: An orange-and-white cat facing to the left. The front of this face is fading into shadows. (Default)
Ashley

June 2017

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
111213 14151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jun. 24th, 2017 10:35 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios