My brain has been a swirling pile of mush lately, so I might be wishywashy and have problems making up my mind for a while. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how I want to use DreamWidth. It'll probably take some time to figure it out. In the mean time, if I do something that comes across rude like take a while to respond or revoke access, there's a very low chance it's about you. If this helps, I haven't found a single person I dislike on here so far. Anyway, I'm going to (possibly unnecessarily) explain some things. Even if no one needs to hear it, I'll probably feel better after explaining.
- Replying to and even reading comments on my entries can be extremely difficult at times... but I'm happy for the interaction!! I tend to isolate and am usually very lonely, so comments bring in a mix of emotions. And please don't feel obligated to comment on anything I post! This journal is mostly for keeping track of thoughts and life, and I've never expected to actually get comments on anything (though I still wanted to make it public for some reason). Another little thing to keep in mind is that, even though I want different views and criticism, I can feel attacked/hated by others very easily and shut down. Again, this does not mean that you did anything wrong at all!!!! Anyway, getting to the point, no pressure to comment on any of my entries, and how I respond (or don't respond) to your comments doesn't reflect you at all!!
- I don't know how I want to give out access yet. When I first participated in the 2017revival group, I found more people to subscribe to than expected... and almost all of them granted me access. I granted access to the first few people and soon realized that there were so many people coming in that it was hard to keep up with everyone. Then I thought about my more private posts being visible to the unexpected amount of people and am really conflicted right now. I'm usually okay with oversharing with random people on the internet, but now it sounds like having that control is nice, and I feel weird granting access to a bunch of people when I have to go back and check who they are! (sorry.) If I don't grant you access back, I'm probably trying to settle down and get to know you first. If I revoke access, it's not you. It means I'm trying to organize the journals I connect with and have some things to figure out.
- This is where I plan to store memories and my unfinished thoughts. I want to be able to freely do that without fear (unless something I say is hurtful/offensive to someone!). I may toy around with ideas and sound more confident in them than I actually am. If I don't let myself do this, it's hard to trust any opinions I've formed. So. Yeah. Please don't take my entries too seriously.
- I'm also trying to let myself write freely on here. I think it would be good to have a place where I can just spill words naturally, which can be difficult when there are so many good and serious writers on here. Basically, don't expect good writing on here for the most part. I'm trying to let myself be free and informal--without having to worry about editing most of the things I write.
- If you want filters for anything, let me know! Still trying to figure out how I'd like to set up the filter system.